Thursday, December 18, 2014

Tropical Coquito Eggnog hold the lactose, go with Goat!



For the backstory on Coquito read about it here. All the same applies to the goats milk version, creamy coconut and rum eggnog without eggs from Puerto Rico. First, I made it the traditional way with cows milk products. Along the way I wondered if I could make a convincing recipe using goats milk. I made a few tweaks to the traditional recipe to make a safe version for the tummies of me and other lactose challenged folk!

It worked, and we may all drink to our hearts content. Beware it is as rich and strong as it is festive.

Coquito de Cabra

  • 10 oz goats milk
  • 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 can evaporated goats milk
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 3/4 can coconut cream
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 375 ml white rum
Mix the goat milk and sugar in a saucepan. Heat on low, stirring occasionally, just until the sugar dissolves. No need to heat the milk further. Mix this in a blender with the remaining ingredients. It may take two batches of blending to fit all the liquid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, happy to hear what you think!