Thursday, February 7, 2013

Grain-Free Banana Waffles


I was craving something like toast this morning and with no bread in the house (we try to be grain free at home) I was close to making some bread from scratch at 6 am. Lovely as that would have been, it wouldn't have fit the quick-breakfast-get-out-the-door requirements. 

So I adapted Shannon's recipe for Paleo Banana Waffles at FoodFarmHealth. They hit the spot.  

2 ripe bananas
3 Tbs coconut flour
3 Tbs Almond or other nut flour
1 T ground Flax seeds
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Stevia powder (1 packet) optional
1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
3 eggs

Need: Waffle Iron. Makes about 2.5 waffles.

- I used my food processer, you could use a bowl and spoon. 
- Smoosh up bananas, add the flours, baking powder, flax seeds, cinnamon, stevia, and oil, pulse a few times till mixed. Add in 3 eggs and pulse till well combined. This took me 5 minutes at most. 
- Non-stick spray on your waffle iron (if needed), dump about a third of the batter on, and off you go!
- Each waffle iron is different. When the top doesnt stick any more, you are basically done. They got nice and brown, not quite as crispy as I would like. Maybe Ill add more coconut oil next time. 

- Serve with fruit, I warmed some frozen wild blueberries in a pot on the stove, no sugar needed!




Vegan, Gluten Free, and Paleo waffles I will be excited to make again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, happy to hear what you think!