Saturday, April 6, 2013

Banana Breakfast Cookies

Cookies for breakfast?!

That is what I wanted on this sunny saturday spring morning. Cookies. COOOOkie. ;D
Cruzin' quickly around the web I found this banana cookie recipe at The Preppy Paleo, which fit my laid back aspirations for cooking. Simple ingredients, quick (in the oven for only 12 min), and paleo.

I changed hers a little bit because I was out of almond butter (quelle horreur!) but its GOOD! It could be categorized somewhere between cookie, banana bread, and granolla.

I baked mine in to 8 cookies. I ate two for breakfast with my protein shake. I sent my man off with 4 for his breakfast, we will see what he thinks later on.


Banana Breakfast Cookies

In a food processor:
2 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1 Tbs coconut oil (melted)
1 egg (or vegan egg replacement)
vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cocoa (or more!)
1 - 2 cups total of Walnuts, Pecans and Rasins. Or other "mix in's" - see below*

Pre-heat oven to 350°
Blend up coconut flakes and bananas until they are so smooth, and the coconut flakes have broken down into small bits. (in the original recipe the coconut flakes were almond butter, so this is what we are trying to simulate.)

Add in the egg, vanilla, coconut oil, cinnamon, cocoa, and baking powder. Pulse until combined.

*Mix in's can include nuts, seeds, dried fruit, chocolate bits, hemp seeds, ground flax seed. Use your imagination, and then use your judgement to how much chopping in the food processer each "add in" needs. chunky nuts first, etc, you are smart and cannot screw this up.

Drop in spoon fulls onto parchment paper, or a silpat. or a greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, happy to hear what you think!