Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sweet Potato Dessert Waffles

It was late evening and I really wanted a waffle. So I pulled down the waffle maker, it was worth it.

The sweet potato waffles are good, and I will make them again. Sometimes I have roasted sweet potatoes in my fridge, but this time I used this frozen-mashed-sweet potato that you can sometimes find at Trader Joe's. And when they do have it, i buy a lot. Because its just cooked mashed sweet potato with nothing else in it, and you can use it in baking! And waffles!

I put super dark Taza chocolate chunks on top of my waffle. Covered it with another waffle. Put in in the microwave for 30 seconds...to melt it...Yes I did, this is a dessert waffle!

Topped it off with fresh organic strawberries. And maple syrup, obviously! It was decadent and hit the spot. 

Sweet Potato Waffles

2 cups almond flour
4 Tbs coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato
4 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup almond milk

Extras:
Dark chocolate chunks
Strawberries 
Maple syrup

Turn on the waffle maker so it heats up.
 
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together in a second bowl so they are very smooth.  Then combine them, mixing thoroughly.

Make your waffles, per specifics to your waffle iron. Easy as pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, happy to hear what you think!