I make a lot of homemade nut milk in this house. Which means lots of leftover ground up almonds and hazelnuts. Sometimes I bake it into cakes and muffins or put it on cereal. I read a few blog posts about crackers made with almond meal and eggs, they seem pretty hard to mess up, and are very versatile so this is my take.
2 Cups almond meal
1 cup ground flax seed
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp basil
- Mix everything together in a bowl with a fork. It will look crumbly but will stick to itself if pressed.
- Dump it all onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Place another parchment paper on top. Roll with a pin or smash with your hands until it is about a 1/4 of an inch thick or less.
- Lightly score the dough into your cracker shapes, I used a pizza wheel, very easy!
- Bake in 350° oven for 15 to 20 min.
They turned out very savory, satisfying chewy and crunchy!